1. Players must be registered by a parent or legal guardian and have signed/agreed to liability and media release. A parent or guardian MUST be in attendance for the Child to play.*
2. Each player must be covered by insurance.
3. Each player receives a team jersey and team baseball cap.
4. Each player gets to bat each inning.
5. Each player gets to circle the bases to score a run each inning.
6. Every player scores and is never called “Out”.
7. Last batter up each inning hits a “Home Run”.
8. Two innings per team, per game.
9. Game Time = 1 hour and 15-20 minutes
10. Each player has an assigned Buddy for each game if requested. At times, a substitute Buddy may be provided. Parents may also be required to fill in as a player’s Buddy.
11. Teams consist of no more than 13 players.
12. Each player receives a trophy at the end of the season.
13. A 9 inch soft-core safety baseball is used. A special ball is available for the visually impaired.
14. Players MUST wear proper shoes (athletic shoes only, no open toe or or shoes without backs; no slides or sandals).
15. Players MUST be in uniform.
16. Games are cancelled in the event of rain or inclement weather. Cancellations are posted on the web site and communicated to coaches for team contact. Rainouts are not made up.
17. Each team has a Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and Team Mom.
18. An Umpire covers each game to call players safe at first and home.
19. Coaches are to huddle their team players before the start of each game and give a great big “GOOOOOO (Team Name)!”.
20. Buddies are there for three reasons.
a. Safety and protection of the Miracle League player
b. Assist the Miracle League player, but only as needed
21. A scholarship fund is available for players who are not able to pay the registration fee.
*The only exception to the Parent or guardian mandatory attendance is a Grandparent furnishing a signed proxy by the Parent.